The Foundation of the 1st Cavalry Division Association
Active Duty Scholarships
The Foundation of the 1st Cavalry Division Association was established for the purpose of providing financial assistance in the form of scholarship grants toward the pursuit of an advanced education. The Foundation’s Active-Duty Scholarship grants are reserved for Soldiers currently assigned or attached to the 1st Cavalry Division and their spouses.
The Foundation of the 1st Cavalry Division Association is a tax-exempt charitable organization described in section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and all donations are tax-deductible. The Foundation’s tax identification number is 23-7016417.
For more information or an application to register for benefits use our on-line Registration Form below, fill it out completely, and attach all of the required supporting documentation to the Foundation of the 1st Cavalry Division Association.
Application forms for Association members who are active-duty Troopers currently serving with the First Team and their spouses is opens 1 April 2023 until 31 July 2023. Printed forms are available at the National Headquarters in Copperas Cove or can be downloaded (.pdf) from this page.
Active-Duty Scholarship Program SOP
- Application packets contain an Application (1CDA FORM 9) and Certification of Institutional Authority (1CDA FORM 10).
- Application packets can be obtained on-line (www.1cda.org) or from the Association Headquarters at 302 N. Main Street, Copperas Cove, TX 76522.
- Application submission opens on 1 April and closes on 31 July 2022 for the current academic year.
- Notification of selection will be by letter from the Foundation no earlier than 5 August of the prescribed year.
- Checks will be mailed directly to the Academic Institution from the Foundation.
- Grants may be used for tuition, fees and books only.
Active Duty Scholarship Forms 9 and 10
- Email or deliver Active-Duty Form 10 to the attending academic institution
- AND attach the completed form as part of your form submission below in the Additional Required Document Attachment section of the online form.
Active Duty Soldier/Spouse Online Form
7th Cavalry Troopers at the 2015 Reunion.
Those who rode horses in West Texas, fought in wars from WWII to Iraq,
all share a common bond. Once Cav, Always Cav!
Public Request for Division Assets (Band/Horse Cav Detachment/Honor Guard)
Need to request a Division asset: the Band, Horse CAV Detachment, or Honor Guard? Fill out the provided DD Form 2536 and email it to: SFC Kristin M. Chandler at email@example.com. If you have any questions about filling out the form call SFC Chandler at 254-288-2601. DD2536 Asset Request Form